Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Shadow In The Light

Such beauty, grace and splendor inherent
Inspiring to most and intrigued by some in torment
Driven by love and dedication to the Son
Her mission at hand remains hopeful, powerful and divine.

Eager and obedient with absolute trust
A portrait of credence and certitude, and not even a twinge of disgust
Unmitigated by her youth
but motivated by the Father’s Divine Truth
She said yes to the call
to be the vessel for the Lord
Who would be the Savior of all.

Such display of humility so fearless and bold
By the archangel the birth of the Messiah foretold
Paved the way to God's grace in delivering us from bondage to sin
To set us free from condemnation
And simultaneously escape eternal damnation.

O Mary, my Queen, my Patroness, my Intercessor
You are the moon that claims not to be the source of light
But the shadow that reflects the light of the Divine Son,
The One True Light of the world.

7 comments:

Michele said...

I love this so much I am going to see if I can have it published in the Maria Legioness magazine and my Church bulletin as well. I always think of May as Mama Mary's month.

Teresa Magat said...

Thank you, Michelle. You are way too generous to even think that.

Acissej said...

Simply beautiful words,i love it

Teresa Magat said...

Thanks, Acissej for the the very kind words.

Anonymous said...

nice,love it....more poems

Teresa Magat said...

Thanks, anonymous.

michele said...

Everytime I read these words visions of Mary come into my head of who she was and what she did. Mary was a very eloquent woman who chose her words wisely.